Re: Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3 Episode 1 dvd on ebay!

to tenchi@usagi.org
from Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Tenchi Muyo! OVA 3 Episode 1 dvd on ebay!
date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:02:09 -0800 (PST)
--- David Mandalis <mandalis@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can we spell bootleg .....
>
> the chinese subs give it away as well as the bad
> repro of the cover.
-----

The best thing to do is get "legal" Region 0 imports
from an importer like http://www.discountanimedvd.com.
 These usually come from production houses in Hong
Kong.  Of the ones that I have only "Tenchi Muyo GXP"
has some pretty sab subbing.  In contrast "Onegai
Teacher" has really good subs for an import.

Region 0 DVDs for import from other countries are
LEGAL according to a customs officer I spoke to here
in Detroit.  We have many of them here because we are
right on the boarder with Canada.  They'll play in any
DVD plyaer.

The really bad copies with the shoddy box artwork and
poor video/audio quality are usually bootleg copies
produced illegally in Taiwan and Korea.  From time to
time there will be some out of Hong Kong.

====
--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
zorchhaney@yahoo.com