Re:Thank You All!!

to tenchi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from athol-brose <cinnamon@one.net>
subject Re:Thank You All!!
date Sun, 01 Dec 1996 20:51:45 -0500
At 03:14 AM 12/1/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I would just like to thank all of you.... no I really mean it!!

You're welcome... I guess. ;-)

>I had found myself i a funk, deep and dark  because my seemingly endless
>quest to get all the episodes of all the tenchi muyo episodes (TV and OVA)
>was not getting anywhere.  I've had more than a couple of the episodes on
>back order from Slow Coast(sorry I mean Sun Coast) for at least a month and a
>half.

SunCoast/MediaPlay's distributor seems to be pretty messed up when it comes
to Pioneer anime. The ones around here can ONLY get 1-3 and 7-12 and the
Mihoshi special on VHS, but both MediaPlays have 1-7 on laser. (I did
manage to pick up the Pretty Sammy special at a comic book store near
here.) I tried to order 4 and a replacement copy of 1 (both subtitled #1s
I've found have been bad, bleah) and Sun Coast told me they couldn't get
them and gave me my $5 back.

The upshot of this? I'm spending $1500 of my bonus to buy a ld player, a
receiver and surround sound speakers. Gosh, I like having a real job. (A
week and two days until I have surround and more Tenchi to watch. Note: I
needed a new stereo anyways.)

>I'm wondering if I'll ever see episode #2, thats been out the longest.

That's the only episode I've *got*. Both #1s and the #3 I could find in
subtitle were bad at the beginning -- #3 for half the anime! -- and I can't
get another one. Sigh.

> Any way tenchi TV beeing delayed again almost dealt me a fatal blow but in
>my despair I went out and bought me a little pick-me-up and got El-Hazard #1
>and recieved a delightful surprize.  I loved it.  If I hadn't heard so many
>good things about it from you I may have never tried it.  So now I have yet

I've been thinking of picking up the first El Hazard disk as well when I go
on my little shopping spree. Yep, I think I'll have to.

a-b

--
athol-brose // cinnamon@one.net // http://w3.one.net/~cinnamon/
                                               (yes, it's back)