RE: OAV3 thoughts

to <tenchi@usagi.org>
from "replicant" <replicant@northstate.net>
subject RE: OAV3 thoughts
date Sat, 4 Oct 2003 02:06:51 -0400
The synopsis was posted by Tenchiken on 9/21.
Here is a copy of what was written.

---Start E-Mail---
Hey guys, here is the first synopsis. If people are interested, I will
do
these for this series (just like I did for TiT and MNE). Drop me a note
if
you read it.

As always feel free to redistribute, but just give me credit if you do
copy
it or use any part of it on the website.

Everything is dark. Radio signals break in with sounds of destruction
behind
them. A light races in the darkness illuminating a mobius strip in which
are
whole galaxies. The light shines bright and is racing at incredible
speed.

* Start Theme Music *

A fleet emerges into space that is far larger then anything we have ever
seen
in the Tenchiverse before. These ships do not look like anything we have
ever
seen before, and seem to have a squid motiff. Think Zentradi size fleet.
They
clearly have forgotten the first rule of Anime which is large fleets
exist to
be destroyed.

Picture a dark and mysterious man. He focuses on someting and we watch a
ship
get destroyed. Behind him we can see the rest of the Tokimiverse. The
rest of
the ships are warned and they immediatly deploy for battle. In the
background
of the fleet there is a large uprooted tree. Despite the fact that very
little is every acomplished when a fleet all fires at the same time the
entire fleet immediatly opens fire.

The figure, also known as times as Hazy Guy and later as Z flies
backwards
and ignites five Light Hawk Wings. Hazy guys streaches out his hand and
the
entire fleet is destroyed. (Picture Xellos in Slayers wiping out the
dragons... not quite as suave, but close). Hazy guy flies closer to one
of
the strips of lands and waves to one of the floaty whale like things as
he
effortlessly floats away...

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-oh-ki
Z drops down thru Tokimi's cathedral. D3 tells him that he did a good
job. Z
seems to be a bit put out that Clay found Washu before he did. On the
other
hand he also shows Tsunami to D3 who informs Tokimi. She wonders if
Tenchi is
something that her sisters came up with. D3 thinks that he does not have

enough power, only three blades. Tokimi laughs. D3 informs Z of Clay's
fate,
and also revels Mihoshi to him. Tokimi seems to give Z a go ahead,
provided
he doesn't harm them. Z watches with a scornful look on his face. Behind
the shadows lift to reval a Jurain to us. It is Noike. (Someone correct
me if
I am wrong here, but I think that Z plans to try and break up the
family)

"A Visitor from far away" (don't take the title as gospel, my japanese
sucks)

Shot of the cave. It's pouring outside and Azaka and Kamidake have
clearly
not gone out to paint the town red recently. They are both covered in
moss
(they never get any respect). Sasami finishes cooking.  Sasami
sends a (enternally groggy) Ryouko to fetch Mihoshi.  Flashback. Sasami
finishes cooking and Ryo-oh-ki is perched  on her head. Sasami takes the
food
out to everyone  with a little to much bounce in her step. Sasami stops,
and
Ryo-oh-ki flies foward into the drink. Ryo-oh-ki takes a  bath and
Sasami
cooks it all over again. Mihosi has passed out sitting down in front of
some
sort of  typed letter. Ryouko wakes up Mihoshi. Hillarity ensues.

Mihoshi hits a button to finish the letter and a little robot raps up
the
message in a scroll and walks thru a dimensional doorway (literally).
Mihoshi
tries to go back to sleep. Ryouko wakes her up and drags her barely clad
body
down the stairs.  A second later Z phases in with the message and the
robot.
He makes a few changes and the robot hurridly runs off with the modified

letter.

The family (sans tenchi) gathers for food. Ryo-oh-ki nearly goes into
the
drink again.

Tenchi is visiting his father who has a combination office/apartment in
town.
Tenchi sees that the school and been rebuilt.

Flashback to Ryouko trashing to school. Two of Tenchi's old friends are
there
going to school in some temporary buildings. Tenchi's two friends feel
completly dissed and note that he is living with a bunch of gorgeous
girls.
Tenchi goes thru various efforts to dissuade them from thinking their
(H)
thoughts. In the end the pair call up Tenchi's house to try (Ryouko
probably)
to figure it out.

Insert speculation here as to the exact content of the conversation, but
it
ends in a cell phone being crunched and Tenchi's friends continuing to
be
upset. Tenchi seems to realize taht he will neve return to that normal
lifestyle.

Oh, and Amagaski was so broken hearted about Tenchi leaving, he moved to

Tokyo. Insert shot of him outside the Gates with tears in his eyes.

Flashbacks - To episode 7.

Tenchi walks past his old house, and remembers Noboyuki showing Tenchi
and
his mom the outlines for the home. Tenchi remembers visiting the shrine
after
his mothers death. Kiriko, Seto, Azusa's parents and at least two other
Jurains are there. Reya (Noboyuki's secretary) meets Tenchi at the door.
Reya
asks how Tenchi and Co are doing. She apologizes for being noisy. Reya
is
there as a school girls. She walks up give her condolences to Noboyuki.
Noboyuki in the shrine later. He can't find Tenchi. Everyone is outside
(Including either Minaho or Kiriko's mother) yelling for Tenchi. Reya is

behind Noboyuki who is looking for Tenchi in the snow. It looks like
Reya
hears something, or thinks of something and looks at the hills. She runs
up
and sees Tenchi asleep outside the cave on the ground. In the circle
around
Tenchi there is no snow and Tenchi has his mothers umbrella.

(whole bunch of Japanese I didn't get here). I think that Noboyuki is
going
to build a new place. Tenchi asks where. Reya is scared for a second. I
think
the construction site is where the house used to be. I could be
completly
wrong about that. Either Reya tries to figure out how tall Tenchi is, or
asks
Tenchi for a hug. Insert gratuitous clevage encounter here. They are the
same
height.

Noboyuki and Tenchi leave. Reya packed them something (??). Noboyuki
clearly
has Reya on his mind. Tenchi remembers Reya cooking in their house after

Tenchi's mother passed away (still in school girl garb). Reya acted as
sort
of a surrogate mother after Kiyone's death. Noboyuki tries
to talk to Tenchi about something, but freezes. Tenchi asks Noboyuki how

Kiyone died. (I think). Noboyuki does not respond. He says wait a bit.

Cabbit, by the way is now part of the canon. Picture Sasami at her
cutest
bouncing back and forth. As she bounces happily along with Ryo-oh-ki she

repeats "bunny"...  "cat".....  "bunnny".....  "cat".... She takes off
running. She stops to talk to Tenchi, who offers Ryo-oh-ki a sacrifical
carrot, only to discover that Ryo-oh-ki is no longer there.

Noboyuki is praying in front of Kiyone's grave. Yousho walks up behind
him
and asks Noboyuki if Tenchi finally asked what happened to Kiyone. I
missed
the rest of the conversation. Noboyuki cries remembering Kiyonne.
Noboyuki
says that it will be a shock to Tenchi. Sasami and Aeka go to enlist
Washu's
aid in looking for Ryo-oh-ki.

Washu calls Ryouko down. All three girls make doe eyes at Ryouko.

Ryouko goes looking for Ryo-oh-ki. Ryo-oh-ki is lost in front of a tree
crying . Water falls on Ryo-oh-ki freaking her out. Ryouko phases in the
tree
above Ryouko.  Ryo-oh-ki can hear her voice but not see her. She looks
around
frantically for her, then tries to climb the tree. Ryouko pops down to
her,
Ryo-oh-ki bear hugs her. Ryouko is surprised and weakly returns the hug.

Ryouko accesses Ryo-oh-ki's operating system and gives her a downlink to

where she is at.

Tenchi runs up, after looking for Ryo-oh-ki. Washu walks up. Sasami
starts
crying over loosing Ryo-oh-ki. Washu does a misaki like bear hug on
Sasami
saying that it is cute that they are so attached to a computer unit. (I
mean
the full Misaki hug)

Ryouko walks up to them, but puts Ryo-oh-ki on her own head instead of
Sasamis. Ryouko goes up to the onsen with Ryo-oh-ki and scrubs her back
(remember the maternal instinct between Ryo-oh-ki and Ryouko in ep3?).
Sasami
looks lost without Ryo-oh-ki.

Ryouko has fun babying Ryo-oh-ki. Everyone else notices it and is kinda
shocked... And Sasami looks kinda sad.

Noboyuki is fixing a computer for everyone. Washu is looking at it and
grinning and enjoying watching it. Aeka seems horribly scandalized by
the
whole process. Ryo-0oh-ki is
sleeping on a (equally) asleep Mihoshi. I _badly_ need to see a
translation
of this. Noboyuki seems to reflect on how much this has become a new
family
and is staring at Washu. Washu seems to be completly turned on by
Noboyuki
playing with computer hardware.

The doorbell rings and Ryouko goes downstairs to open it. She refuses
thinking that it might be Misaki at the door. The voice at the door says
that
it isn't Her. Ryouko doesn't believe her.

Sasami comes downstairs to answer the door. She opens it while Ryouko
hides
behind a wall. Ryouko recongizes it.

Back upstairs the screen is going nuts, even though it's not plugged in.

Tenchi sees Ryouko's face. She looks terrorfied. Sasami comes in and
tells
Tenchi that he has a guest. Tenchi leaves before Ryouko can stop him.

Who looks just like Kiyone.

"Mother?" Tenchi asks.
---End E-mail---

-
Bear "replicant" Powell

"Everything I like is either illegal, immoral, or
 fattening." - Alexander Woollcott