Re: <OT> Computer Upgrade question

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from ^_^x Kenshin-dono <kenshindono@comcast.net>
subject Re: <OT> Computer Upgrade question
date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:13:41 -0700
At 08:26 PM 9/4/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C37322.DF352430
>         charset="us-ascii"
>
>I'm looking to update my PC and I have a question.
>
>I'm going with a Athlon XP 2600+ (333mhz FSB) with
>probably a KT400 Black Dragon Ultra MB, 2x256
>Crucial PC2100 ram, and a Gainward GeForce FX5200
>(128mb) video card. I already have a CD-R/W, DVD-Rom,
>2xHDD's, and other basic system gear.
>
>My question is will I need a bigger power supply?
>I'm using a Deer 250 watt PS now and haven't had any
>trouble thus far, but my system is very out of date.
>
>Also I'm getting the CPU, MB, Ram, and Video card
>all in Retail form for under $300. Does that seem a fair
>amount?
>
>I gotta get my machine ready for Everquest 2 and World of Warcraft. :-)

ya, probably not a bad idea. although honestly im a little shocked your not
going a little bigger 512 ram is like the minimum these days, and pentium
is actually where its at right now with their 800mhz FSB chips. you'd spend
a little more of course but what you just listed off is a middle of the
road machine right now, when those games come out it'll be min requirments
or lower probably. and you know how that works

^_^x kD
"Ive watched this for 5000 years. These foolish organisms called humans..
Everyday, they cant live without killing each other. They are despicable.
We're Peacemakers. We need to wipe this chaotic society out and start this
world anew."-Stea/SP

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited