Re: Tenchi's new look

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Michael Haney <zorchhaney@yahoo.com>
subject Re: Tenchi's new look
date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:26:38 -0700 (PDT)
--- nik <silvourbolt@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anyone know how much money has been dumped into this
> new OVA?  I'm curious as
> to cel
>
> count and such.  I wanna know if I'll be seeing
> "Tenchi in Tokyo" quality or
> the 1st OVA
>
> stuff.  Any other info on the production of the
> series is welcome as well.
> nik
[SNIP]

With all probability it will be of better quality than
the original OAV was.  GXP is of better quality than
the original OAVs and TV series (not counting STM)
together as to animation quality.  This is due to the
use of computers to aid in the animation.  The
addition of this decreases the cost of production.
Some cel drawing will be done in some scenes, but for
the most part most of the series will be done
digitally.  This is how GXP was done.  Cel work for
the characters was done by hand, animation was done
digitally, and various cel shaded CGI effects were use
for spaceships and other special effects.  Most NEW
Anime uses this technique from what I have seen so far
from my Newtype preview DVDs.

====

<<<Michael "The-Zorch" Haney>>>

My Tenchi Site:  www.the-zorch.com

zorchhaney@yahoo.com

Member of #SAS#, #WASHU#, RFFC, and a White Knight of KOME!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs