Re: i've gots a question

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: i've gots a question
date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:35:08 -0700
Steve wrote:
> --0-1044559880-1058232799=:82071
>
> I haven't fully understood the OVAs. I think it's OVA 1:Tenchi Muyo!
> Ryo-ohki. OVA 2: Tenchi Universe. OVA 3 GXP. but what's Shin Tenchi? OVA 2
> 1/2???

Not really. Tenchi OVAs only refer to the series called Tenchi Muyo!
Ryo-ohki. We break them up into OVA 1, OVA 2, and (soon) OVA 3 because
they've been produced in batches at 3 different times.

OVA 1 is episodes 1-6; these were made around 1992.

OVA 2 is episodes 8-13; these were made around 1995.

OVA 3 is supposed to be episodes 14-19; being made now.

I've skipped episode 7, because I've forgotten whether it was made
around the same time as OVA 1 or OVA 2. I think it's closer to OVA 2...

Oh, as for the others (Tenchi Universe, Shin Tenchi, GXP)...none of
these are OVA. GXP is set in the same universe as the OVAs, supposedly
about a year after OVA 3. Tenchi Universe and Shin Tenchi are each set
in their own universes.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list