OVA3 Opener Video

to washu@cohprog.com, Tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject OVA3 Opener Video
date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
Since several people are having problems with playing the video...  I'm
hoping this might help... Sent to both #WASHU# and TMML

--- Snapple Man <happydude5000@msn.com> wrote:
> Sorry I ditched the original subject header, but I kinda accidentally
> deleted every email in the thread so far.
> Well, I tried to right-click, "Save target as" on Greg's link, and it
> gave
> me one of those BS things where it tries to save an html page. So
> instead I
> just tried copying the link into my browser. Well, that prompted my
> computer
> to tell me that my Quicktime player lacks some component needed to
> play the
> file and then it crashes my computer. So I reboot, and stupid as I
> am, try
> the same thing. This time the whole computer doesn't freeze, but I
> had to
> kill IE and Quicktime in the Task Manager.

> So basically, this movie is screwing up my computer. I don't recall a

> Quicktime file ever giving me this much trouble before. Help?

It's not the movie.  No movie (unless WMP has capability for macros in
a video stream) can fritz your computer.  Only the software (Apple's
Software DVD player is STILL notorious for killing systems).
Since I was able to D/L the video here at Drexel, I would say that the
problem is with both IE and Apple.  Not to say I'm that surprised, IE
is slowly degrading on my workstation, and I can only download sounds,
images, and movies from links, any attemp to click on these once
displayed, to save them, doesn't work.

Try getting the standalone installer for Quicktime 6.3 and installing
locally... you might even want to uninstall your previous version
first, just to be safe:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/

BTW feed the stupid boxes with BS information, Apple WILL Spam you, and
they have a habit of making the "do not send information" checkbox easy
to miss.

Better yet, get VLC, which even though an incomplete project, is now my
primary player on both Mac and PC platforms:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

====
Wanna see GXP pictures? The URL has changed! Project Kutani hosts:
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/GXP/PAN/GXP_Pans.html
Many pan-shots and pretty pictures.  Or my incomplete website:
www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com (and use the site map presented).

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited