Re: Virus Messages

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Lindsey Shoate <egypt_princess_in_dsrt@yahoo.com.au>
subject Re: Virus Messages
date Thu, 15 May 2003 09:39:27 +1000 (EST)
--0-1335604328-1052955567=:48151

I'm not sure where the virus came from. I haver viruses on my computer also.
Is this the first time you had a virus

Joseph Riggs <josephriggs@lycos.com> wrote:Of course your name isn't junior.

That's MY name (my initials, specifically). I don't use it in my e-mail
address. I just sign it on my e-mails. And I have no idea where the virus
really came from (nor am I particularly interested in finding out). I just
found it rather amusing, and figured that I'd mention it on the currently
rather slow Tenchi mailing list, where it might get an odd chuckle or two.

junior

On Thu, 15 May 2003 09:12:50
Lindsey Shoate wrote:
>--0-523674035-1052953970=:28183
>
>Sorry Joseph. I'm not Junior. I have never emailed you in my life. Just this
>time.
>

>Joseph Riggs wrote:I went for the longest time
>without getting any viruses in my personal
>
>e-mail. That seems to have changed lately, and I can't seem to go a week
>without getting at least 3 or 4. Fortunately, Lycos automatically strips
>applets and executables, so I don't think I'll ever have to worry about
>accidentally unleashing one, but its still an annoyance.
>

>Of course, one of the "wonders" of modern computer virii is the fact that
>they'll go rooting through the sender's address book and claim to be from
>addresses that they find there. Still, I have to think that the name on the
>last e-mail I got was a little odd no matter how you look at it...
>

>Name - "your name".
>
>It hit the trashcan the moment I saw it.
>
>8P

Yahoo! Mobile
--0-1335604328-1052955567=:48151

Search field Search string