Re: OT: Sumomo

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: OT: Sumomo
date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:48:08 -0800
^_^x Kenshin-dono wrote:
[...]
> ungh that series is so godawful. they had like 3 or 4 filler 'flashback'
> epps in a 24 (or 25? forgot how long it was been a while since i saw it)
> epp series, ASS. Some modertatly amusing quotes though

I didn't watch more than an episode or two of Chobits, but it seemed to
me like a failure of the media mix strategy, trying to adapt a manga
into an anime too quickly. From what I've heard, the story in the anime
doesn't even cover the first 2 (of 8?) volumes of manga. There really is
a story in the manga with very little filler, but with the anime you get
to see the Dragonball effect in full force: "we've gotten ahead of the
manga, so we'll just have to produce filler/recap episodes until the
manga pulls ahead again". Ugh. Angelic Layer (another CLAMP effort)
starts off about as bad; it takes something like 8 (of 26) episodes to
cover the first volume of the manga, though I hear that AL managed to
save itself from suffering Chobits' fate by deviating from the manga.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited