RE: tenchi ML matome okuri

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject RE: tenchi ML matome okuri
date Wed, 2 Apr 2003 07:22:27 -0800 (PST)
--- Joshua Prismon <josh@technicaldetails.org> wrote:
> This might have been the case once upon a time, but it is very
> different
> now. The American market is very much in mind in Japan right now,

Actually, it varies, several people involved with the GXP and new OVA
projects were admitting their total ignorance, before the staff at
Tenchi-web let them in on the popularity of Tenchi in the states.
Also, several animators (producers and writers) were invited to
WorldCon in Philly, and a couple admitted their surprise that their
show was even being watched in the US, let alone had a massive
following.  Most of them only realizing it when they were invited to
the convention.

Both these were in the last 2 years.  I suspect a lot of animators
don't get out of the "office" much  ^_^
Obviously, however, the production companies have to be fairly familiar
with the numbers, after all, they are licensing their products to
oversease markets...

====
Wanna see GXP pictures? The URL has changed! Project Kutani hosts:
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/GXP/PAN/GXP_Pans.html
Many pan-shots and pretty pictures.  Or my incomplete website:
www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com (and use the site map presented).

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited