Re: tenchi ML matome okuri

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from David Mandalis <mandalis@earthlink.net>
subject Re: tenchi ML matome okuri
date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 12:58:51 -0500
I was at a convention here in Columbus, and the JPOP group "Every Little
  Thing" was supposed have been there (unnannounced of course) because
they had some friends in the local area.  I think quite a few Seiyuu
that have friends or American roots show up more often than you think
at US events.

Dave M.

Joshua Prismon wrote:
> This might have been the case once upon a time, but it is very different
> now. The American market is very much in mind in Japan right now, and
> the creators generally are getting very clueful about it quickly. For
> example, notice how much less Japanese Text there is in Anime now?
> That's quite deliberate, because it sells better in America without it.
>
> I also have first hand knowledge that several rather famous anime
> personalities love to hit American cons as regular guests. No one
> recognizes who they are, and they can actually enjoy being in the anime
> world without be mobbed.
>
> big snip <

Search field Search string

archive list