Re: tenchi ML matome okuri

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject Re: tenchi ML matome okuri
date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:00:59 -0800
On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 08:33:40
 Gregory Himes wrote:

>--- Jeff Harris <jlhonami@mchsi.com> wrote:
>> would
>> highly doubt the producers of any of the series would follow any
>> foreign fan
>> activities (but, then, I could be wrong --
>
>You're not far off the mark...
>Until recently, most of the creators were clueless at the popularity of
>their work in the English speaking world.  Several were even quite
>shocked.
>More often than not, it is the Seiyuu who are aware of the
>popularity...

Heh heh.
Animeigo's "how we came to be" page relates an interesting story.
Apparently, when one of their early releases sold well enough, Animeigo sent
a royalty check to the Japanese company they were licensing it from.  In
response, Animeigo got a message back saying to the effect of, "You've
already payed us for the license.  Why are you sending us more money?"

8P

junior

Search field Search string

archive list