Re: (OT) Japanese word

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Gregory Himes <gdhimes@yahoo.com>
subject Re: (OT) Japanese word
date Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:12:16 -0800 (PST)
--- Michael Borgwardt <brazil@brazils-animeland.de> wrote:

> > You, perhaps, are referring to the roman-term "Newtype"?
> > It is used for that purpose, but AFAIK it was "lifted" in English,
> > be deliberately used that way.
>
> Are you sure that's actually being used outside of Gundam?

Well, since I have seen only 4 eps of Gundam, and the movie that was
released 2 years ago, I am fairly certain (I don't remember enough of
it to have kept such a reference).  However, you might have a point, as
cultural bleed through a popular series would certainly allow for that.

====
Wanna see GXP pictures? The URL has changed! Project Kutani hosts:
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/GXP/PAN/GXP_Pans.html
Many pan-shots and pretty pictures.  Or my incomplete website:
www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com (and use the site map presented).

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited