Re: (OT) Japanese word

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Michael Borgwardt <brazil@brazils-animeland.de>
subject Re: (OT) Japanese word
date Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:13:17 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Gregory Himes wrote:

> > Hi, I seem to remeber a while back a word in the Japanese language
> > used to
> > describe the next generation(teens) that when translated means
> > something akin
> > to calling them a new species.  Does anyone know just what that word
> > is?  If
> > not then what's the word for youth and/or rebelious youth?
>

> You, perhaps, are referring to the roman-term "Newtype"?
> It is used for that purpose, but AFAIK it was "lifted" in English, to
> be deliberately used that way.

Are you sure that's actually being used outside of Gundam?

Michael "Brazil" Borgwardt --- Member of #WASHU# and Her would-be guinea-pig.
|   Untiring defender of Washu-chan, Asuka-chan and Elektra-chan.           |
|       A Homepage for Elektra: http://brazils-animeland.de/elektra         |
|           Tenchi Fanfiction Reviews: http://brazils-animeland.de/tmffr    |
+-------------- Let`s shake the dew off this lily, shall we ? --------------+

Search field Search string