Re: OT: CN's Eva airing

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Chris Skates <chris@spodnik.force9.net>
subject Re: OT: CN's Eva airing
date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 10:35:57 +0000
--- Mark Clifton <mc35425@appstate.edu> wrote:

> It certainly wasn't me, I was wholeheartedly telling people that
> exactly this would happen (though I though they would have made the
> cans Cola instead of painting them blue).
>
> So the episode used to be 25 minutes long, and now it is, what, 15
> minutes long?
>
> Cartoon network should just NEVER have pursued this title at all, and
> gone for something a little less adult.  After all, there are hundreds
> of titles out there they could have used with only time editing.
> I wonder if ADV pushed this, just to sell more DVD copies of
> Evangelion...  If so, there are going to be a lot of shocked parents,
> and pleased kids  ^_^

As an interesting cultural aside, both Evangelion and Nadesico were shown
uncut before noon on the Sci-Fi channel in the UK. In contrast, the BBFC
(British Board of Film Classification/Censorship) are usually considered
strict about sex/violence in films compared to the US equivalent (MPAA?).

--
Chris Skates

Search field Search string

archive list