Re: OT: rippin' vinyl

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "K.T.Kutani" <kutani@larimarcreative.com>
subject Re: OT: rippin' vinyl
date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:39:21 -0700
Michael Haney wrote:
> Sorry to burst your bubble but many of the unsigned bands are going digital
> because its way cheaper than having their stuff stamped on vinyl.  The
> Electronic Music scene, which was born in my home town of Detroit, MI BTW is
> moving into the all digital realm now....most of it was already there.
> Stamping comerical CDs is cheap now, and CD-Rs are really cheap to make
> yourself.  The new tools like ModPlug Tracker

ModPlug I wouldn't exactly call NEW...  I've been using it for at
least 5 years now...

Also, the big DJs are still using vinyl and putting their stuff out on
vinyl for proper mixing.  Sure you can do lots of cool stuff on a PC
now, but I beg to differ about it all moving to digi.  And anyway
vinyl sounds better.  ^_^

-K.T.K
--
#WASHU# - KOME White Knight - #SAS# - AFC - 3 Yrs. TM!ML
    ---===ICQ UIN: 2380664  AIM: KKutani===---

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs