Re: Sasami as she grows

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Sasami as she grows
date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:18:09 -0800
Sabrina Reznor wrote:
> --0-1124629581-1039556727=:99822
>

> How do Kagato, or Ryoko age? They look pretty young to be over 5000 years
old.

Bearing in mind that Dr. Clay at 20,000 years old most had some wrinkles
and grey hair, I'm inclined to believe that the technology of the
galactic civilization in Tenchi can easily retard aging to the point
where humans live for 10's of thousands of years. So even if they were
just humans, I imagine that Ryoko and Kagato could avoid the obvious
effects of aging for some time...

Now compound that with the fact that Ryoko is Washu's daughter, and that
Washu has the ability to alter her own apparent age at will, and that
Ryoko has enough control over her own body that she can regenerate a
lost hand in seconds (as long as she has a power source to work from),
and you can imagine why aging isn't much of a concern for Ryoko.
Frankly, I would't be surprised if she truly doesn't age at all, as long
  as she has at least one of the three gems...

As for Kagato...well, he was Washu's student, so he probably had access
to any advanced rejuvenation/longevity technology Washu might have come
up with. More importantly though, it's my understanding that Kagato as
we see him in the OVAs is actually a modification...he was originally
a female, and moved his mind into a (failed, male) prototype Ryoko body,
and so probably inherits as much age resistance as Ryoko does.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited