Re: Sasami as she grows

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Sasami as she grows
date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:51:28 -0800
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
> This is probably a question that has been asked several times, but at
> what rate does a Juraian child mature when she lives on Earth?

Juraians seem to mature at about the same rate as humans, whether on
Jurai or elsewhere. This is probably because Juraians are humans (or
rather, humans are Juraians) IIRC...the main difference in terms of
aging is that Jurai (and galactic civilization in general) appears to
have very effective means of slowing down the degenerative effects of
age (not perfect, though - Dr. Clay and Mihoshi's grandfather both
signs of aging...I think even the Juraians with their royal trees can't
stave of death indefinitely).

> I'm just wondering how long it'll be before Sasami has to worry about
> things like puberty, and how the rest of the family will react when she
> does start to become an adult.

Well, when the OVA series began, Sasami had experienced about 8 years
of living and maturation, so figure she has about 5 years from that
point...

As for how the rest of her family will react as she grows up...I'm
guessing that may play a part in OVA 3, even though she'll probably
be under 10 throughout. My guess is that most of them will follow
Tenchi and Aeka's lead, and just continue to treat Sasami as Sasami
(IMO, that's part of the point of episode 9 - I think that others, such
as Seto, may have known what happened to Sasami to some degree, but they
weren't exactly sure how to deal with things. Or perhaps Seto may have
left Sasami to Aeka as a coming-of-age problem in manipulating people,
much as Yosho seems to have left Kagato to Tenchi as a rite of passage).

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited