Re: I've seen a few eps of GXP

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: I've seen a few eps of GXP
date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:39:07 -0800
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
> Now that I've seen a few episodes of GXP, I was wondering if anyone else
> shared my opinions of it, which are as follows:
>
> 1. It's hilarious so far.

Depends on how far you mean by "so far". IMO, early episodes (through 9)
are OK, but after episode 10, there are too few episodes that aim to
be serious...as a result, the main threat in the series is barely given
enough time to seem properly threatening. I would've preferred maybe
one less episode of comedy (by removing about equal portions of Seiryo
and NB time), and one more episode of serious stuff, hopefully used to
allow the villain to build up more sense of menace.

> 2. I like the hero in spite of everything, although how he got such
> horrendous bad luck is completely beyond me.

I find Seina likeable, but...well, I tend to disagree when people say
that Tenchi (from the OVAs) is a cipher. But I can't disagree with
such a claim about Seina.

As for his bad luck, my understanding is that he was born with it (or
at least had it from a very early age, starting no later than
kindergarten).

> 3. Is the guest appearance of Tenchi and company worth the wait?

IMO, yes. Obviously, the guest appearance doesn't reveal everything
about OVA 3 (in fact, exactly what it tells about OVA 3 won't be known
until we can see the new OVA episodes), but at least for me the guest
appearance is less about guessing what will happen in OVA 3, and more
about catching up with people you've felt that you lost touch with
for a while.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list