Re: Undiscovered Country

to tenchi@ML.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Undiscovered Country
date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:45:03 -0800
Peter Gray wrote:
[...]
> And it gives a motivation for Washu Habuki's actions.

I thought her name was Washu Hakubi?

[...]
> Before she was Washu/Habuki, she was a normal human
> girl named Habuki (names are speculative. No need to
> correct me). Emphasis upon normal.  She was one of two
> twin girls born in this time to a vapid, manipulative
> and neglectful woman. A ruthless social climbing
> tramp. There was no father (at least that I know of).
> Habuki and her sister Masaki would not have been very

I presume that you're referring to a different "Masaki"
here than the one who founded Jurai, and whose name
has been passed down Tenchi's family...because IIRC
that Masaki was a male, had a sister whose fate is
known (and is not the same as Washu's), and lived and
founded Jurai 150,000 years ago, during a period where
Washu was out of circulation.

> remarkable, were it not for their mother. I won't
> assign her motivation, but she made her kids lives
> hell. But telling from Washu's later character she was
> a self-centered egomaniac, and prone to playing mental
> games and manipulative histrionics on her children.

? I think you're creating a mother figure with
personality traits that are already possessed by
Akara Naja in sufficient quantity to mold Washu's
personality...When Washu was found 20,000 years
ago, she was already brilliant, but she seems to
have been a much more serious (and perhaps even
calm) person before meeting Naja. Afterwards, well,
Washu started showing personality traits like Naja's
even at the Academy (consider how she convinced
the man who would end up becoming her husband not
to sleep in class...).

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list