Re: [ot] .hack

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "K.T.Kutani" <kutani@larimarcreative.com>
subject Re: [ot] .hack
date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 18:42:13 -0600
replicant wrote:
> Yeah, the interacting story is an element that is missing in a lot of
> MMORPG's
> today. The only games that I have seen that players will have a dramatic
> impact
> on future stories and expansions is Shadowbane (Medieval Fantasy), Dragon
> Empires (Medieval Fantasy), The Saga of Ryzom (Science-Fantasy "Think Asimov
> meets Miyazaki"), and World of Warcraft (Blizzard's Medieval Fantasy). My
> honorable mention is The Path to Zenrai (Ancient Japanese Fantasy).

Ryzom looks fairly interesting, as does Zenrai.  WoWarcraft... I'm
biased against Blizzard.  They make quality games, to be sure, but
ever since Starcraft I've found the wait for them not at all worth it.
 But that's just me.

Thanks for the info on all of them.

> Dammnit, you need to move to NC. I bet we could be the next White
> Wolf or old TSR(Pre-WoTC/Pre-Crappy Rehashes)! Grrr...

These days difference location doesn't mean quite so much.  ^_^

> Here are some nice sites to check out for info on the latest MMORPG's.
> http://hem.passagen.se/ulkis/onlineworlds/
> http://betawatcher.com/
> http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/flat/0,11963,2636409,00.html
> http://www.mpog.com/

*makes note of them*

> My main focus here lately play wise has been Korean
> MMORPG's like Shining Lore, Ragnarok Online, Legend of Mir, Priston
> Tale, Helbreath, and Chronicles which are all good. It's just that Korean
> MMORPG's are very weak story wise. but they have exceptional skill
> and action mechanics. Also, the graphics range from Ultima Online to
> 3D Anime. Well, enough rambling. Have at it!

RO, heh.  STILL haven't recovered from what two weeks of RO Alpha did
to my study habits.  Since then I've seen too much of the shitty side
of RO and have little interest in it.

I'm not familiar with the other ones at all.  Hrm.

-K.T.K
--
#WASHU# - KOME White Night - #SAS# - AFC - 3 Yrs. TM!ML

==Three Most Recently Watched Movies=
1. Atlantis - Disney
2. Window Water Baby Moving - Stan Brakhage
3. Anticipation of the Night - Stan Brakhage

==Most Played Game(s)=
Soul Calibur [DC]

==Most Listened to Music=
Square playlist