Re: hah!

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: hah!
date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:17:36 -0700
^_^x Kenshin-dono wrote:
> lol i d.loaded the first 5 fansubbed GXP epps earlier today and just
> watched the first, this shows pretty damn amusing, shoulda checked it out
> earlier. just curious how many epps are fansubbed and how many in the
> series total, i never follwed many of the GXP threads before because i
> thought it was some non cannon bs but the first epp was kewl.

Well, the first five episode are all that have been fansubbed.
GXP just never seemed to take off with the fansubbers, and now
that it's been out for more than 3 months (and a licensor has
been announced), it's unlikely it will.

FWIW, the next couple of episodes are a little slower...it's
not that each episode is slower-paced exactly, just that less
stuff that's important in the long-term ends up happening.
Still, many of them are kind of amusing, and the good stick
picks up again with a vengeance in episode 10.

> couple quick questions. why'd the blonde chick ask about his training with
> tenchi, does he know tenchi well? The house by the lake seemed to be the
> Masaki residence. And also, was the blonde chick rubbing his head mihoshi
> or mihoshis mom?

The blonde lady who kindly gave Seina such a great view is Amane;
she's a friend of Mihoshi from the GP. She was asking Seina about
Tenchi because he happened to be by Tenchi's house, and he
survived her crashing her spaceship into the lake with only minor
injuries (you'd expect much worse injuries from something like
that), so she figures Tenchi's been training him. Seina *does*
know Tenchi; they went to school together, but Seina is a few
years younger (he calls Tenchi "Tenchi-senpai").

The blonde lady rubbing Seina's head is Mihoshi's mother, Mitoto.
I have a page of character description (which I really need to
update) at
http://kagato.com:8080/public/y2002/m07/d14/tenchi_gxp_chara_desc_html
if you have trouble keeping track of names.

> heh liked the ryoko cameo ;P

Yep. More cameos later on, this time actually voiced. Episode 17
is the episode to catch up with what's been happening to all
the OVA regulars.

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string

archive list