Re: GXP Licensed

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Mark Clifton <mc35425@appstate.edu>
subject Re: GXP Licensed
date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 20:45:28 -0400

John DeMoranville wrote:

> Fruits Basket is being released on 6 discs(4/5 episodes per disc).

I know this, however Blue Gender is being released in 8 discs (3/4 per
disc); and Yu Yu Hakusho is being released with typically 3 eps. per
disc.

> It is if what most people are speculating is true. Rumor going around
> is that they are offering a box with the first disc like many other
> companies are doing now.

Usually though, companies give a choice to have with or without a box.
There is only one choice offered and no word that it comes with a box.
If it does though, it would explain some things... but it would have to
be a very nice box!

> I think most, if not all, of Funi's releases have been $24.98 or
> less.

That's because they don't have much.  With mostly DBZ and YuGiHo (Dub
Only), most titles would be $24.98 or less.  This gives GXP a possible
shot to be $24.98, but then I would believe they will release it in
eight volumes.

> >Personally, I would have felt better if Bandai or ADV got it instead
> >of Funimation.
>
> I agree, they are two of my favorite companies. But, Funi is doing a
> much better job than say Manga or VIZ. The more companies we have
> releasing anime properly, the more anime we get.

Funimation is doing good only because they have DBZ!  If they didn't
have that one title, they would be shit.  Viz mostly does manga titles,
so they don't do much anime besides Ranma.  And Manga... well, Manga
will probably be bought out soon by someone bigger and better.  The one
thing I can count on with Manga is whenever they grab a new title, you
know it'll be five years before it's eventual release (see Eva).

--
Mark Clifton - AIM: MarkClifton007 - ICQ: #4284509
   * http://www.geocities.com/washu

"Where were you when they handed out the brains?" -Washu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs