Re: GXP Licensed

to <tenchi@ml.usagi.org>
from John DeMoranville <jdemoran74@attbi.com>
subject Re: GXP Licensed
date Mon, 2 Sep 2002 19:08:15 -0400
On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 18:10:26 -0400, Mark Clifton wrote:

>Funimation putting more episodes per DVD?  Bullshit!!!
>The typical practice nowadays with Anime Companies is to put either
>4 to 5 episodes per disc in North America; I don't see this
>changing.

Fruits Basket is being released on 6 discs(4/5 episodes per disc).

>And then there are your of Fruits Basket, which is going to be
>released in six volumes.  However, the first volume of the series is
>suggested retail price of $39.95.  Now tell me if that's a deal?

It is if what most people are speculating is true. Rumor going around
is that they are offering a box with the first disc like many other
companies are doing now.

>Frankly speaking, it will most likely be $24.98-$29.98 per volume
>(depending is they go six or eight volumes).  Most likely going to
>air on Cartoon Network (because if they don't, then what was the
>point of them getting it); and will probably have crappy dailogue!

I think most, if not all, of Funi's releases have been $24.98 or
less.

>Personally, I would have felt better if Bandai or ADV got it instead
>of Funimation.

I agree, they are two of my favorite companies. But, Funi is doing a
much better job than say Manga or VIZ. The more companies we have
releasing anime properly, the more anime we get.

--
John DeMoranville
jdemoran74@attbi.com

Search field Search string