Re: GXP Licensed

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "K.T.Kutani" <kutani@larimarcreative.com>
subject Re: GXP Licensed
date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 02:30:13 -0500
Michael Borgwardt wrote:

> Then there are apparently a great number of idiots doing DVD authoring
> for a living...

> Trust me, there's more that can go wrong than you'd think.

No, I know.  But I mean, if you know what the heck you're doing, and
make an effort to fix any mistakes while you're working, then it's not
hard to come out with good product.

Ok, let's see.

1. Digital Master
2. Transfer of digital master to hard drive in some format, either
uncompressed or DV (5:1), maybe somewhere in between.
3. Chopping the video up for chapters.
4. Encoding each chapter into MPEG-2.
5. Encoding of the audio data.
6. Encoding of any extraneous data.
7. Creation of a master disc or ISO/whatever DVD images are called.
8. Proper printing from the master.

This is simplified a bit and off the top of my head (don't bother
correcting any of it, I just wrote it to make a point and not to be even
80% correct), but the basic idea is there.  If you just take your time
and watch what you're doing, it's hard to end up with crappy product
when you're dealing with a digital master, which is my point.

Alas, time and money make people rush things, or people just don't feel
like putting in the effort needed to do a real nice quality job. (Or
there is crappy QC.)

-K.T.K, enjoying a 4 day weekend and hungry
--
Member of #WASHU#. White Knight of KOME.
Member of #SAS#, the Sasami Appreciation Society.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs