Re: GXP Licensed

to <tenchi@ml.usagi.org>
from John DeMoranville <jdemoran74@attbi.com>
subject Re: GXP Licensed
date Mon, 2 Sep 2002 00:09:55 -0400
On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:53:28 -0500, K.T.Kutani wrote:
>John DeMoranville wrote:

>Kinda hard to screw up digital masters, methinks.

All I know is from talking to people who bought the region
2(Japanese) DVDs that the video on those discs looks pretty good. The
video on the US discs on the other hand look like VCD quality at
certain points. I expected better from Pioneer, especially when they
where charging as much as they did for a catalog release like
Universe. If Pioneer had released Tenchi Universe on four DVDs like
they did with Wanderers, I would have been much more forgiving.

>I dunno, think they'd bother to make an effort to get the original
>english VAs?  I can't see why they would, but... *shrugs*

They could try. It seems that people over at Anime on DVD are trying
to convince Funi to get Animaze to do the dub. The best way to let
them know what you want for the dub is to mail them.
--
John DeMoranville
jdemoran74@attbi.com

Search field Search string