Re: GXP Licensed

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Mark Clifton <mc35425@appstate.edu>
subject Re: GXP Licensed
date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:02:41 -0400

John DeMoranville wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 19:52:46 EDT, Ryoko05017@aol.com wrote:
>
> >whats so bad about funimation?
>
> Personally, I have no problem with Funimation getting GXP. Their
> recent releases have been great(Blue Gender) and we have a better
> chance of getting GXP cheaper than if Pioneer released it. Funimation
> discs are usually cheaper and the online discounts are higher than
> the ones Pioneer give. The only problem will probably be for those
> who are fans of the Tenchi English dub. While I like the dub, as long
> as it has the Japanese track and an accurate English subtitle, I'm
> happy. And one other thing about Funi, is that with their subs they
> tend to leave in honorifics like -san, -chan, and so on, which I
> really like to see.

Well, the question is if Funimation did get GXP, wouldn't they had to
pay more to get it... beating out Pioneer USA for it.  I don't think
prices per DVD will be cheaper, but I do believe that they will show it
on Cartoon Network the first chance they get.

Personally, I don't like the idea, I know Pioneer would have treated it
as gold.  Funimation will have to do there absolute best to not do a
crappy job.  Oh yea, and what about episode 17 and the whole Tenchi Cast
Cameo?

--
Mark Clifton - AIM: MarkClifton007 - ICQ: #4284509
   * http://www.geocities.com/washu

"Where were you when they handed out the brains?" -Washu

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs