Re: [OT] Vandread Vol. 4 Contents

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from "Joseph Riggs" <josephriggs@lycos.com>
subject Re: [OT] Vandread Vol. 4 Contents
date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:49:52 -0700

--

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:26:49
 Gregory Himes wrote:

>--- Joseph Riggs <josephriggs@lycos.com> wrote:
>> Here's an off-topic question for anyone who has the R1 release of
>> Vandread
>> vol. 4.
>
>> The first three volumes of R1 Vandread DVDs came with collectable
>> cards.
>> Volume 4 is supposed to have them, but despite the fact that I picked
>> up
>> volume 4 much sooner after release than any of the other three
>> volumes, my
>> copy didn't come with any cards
>
>Yes, there were some that came with the holo-foil cards, both on the US
>release and the Japan release.  However, many of the large stores and
>suppliers were the ones that got them (Best Buy, Tower, and probably
>Amazon and others).  This led to some of the smaller companies not
>getting ANY of these for their pre-order customers!  Very very very
>annoying (especially since I needed these to go with my collection of
>the same cards that come with the Japanese soundtracks).  I sent mine
>back, and had to get a copy at retail from a Tower Records (like I had
>to get my Armitage and Lain Lunchboxes, and a few other limited edition
>items, which were just cancelled by the respective suppliers, since
>their pre-orders weren't high enough to even get a single copy).
>
>I'd suggest calling back the company that supplied it, and ask them why
>you didn't get your cards...  It will at least let them know that this
>is important to their customers (Pioneer products almost always have a
>limited quantity bonus on their first-run titles), and they might want
>to jack up their initial orders.  You might also tell them (if you
>really want to) that you won't accept the product unless it is this
>version, since that bonus is what you are looking for (and they should
>be able to get it).
>
>Getting the last sets with the bonus is usually very difficult,
>however, as the series has gained momentum by the 3rd or 4th DVD, and
>the quantities of the bonus item is usually not increased for the series.

Picked mine up at a Suncoast physical store, less than a week after picking
up Volume 3.  IIRC, 2 months between release dates on each volume.  Who'd
have guessed that Volume 3 would have them and Volume 4 wouldn't?

*grumble*

Oh, well.

junior

Search field Search string