Re: Shopping from Japan [OT]

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from Alan Zabaro <azabaro@ix.netcom.com>
subject Re: Shopping from Japan [OT]
date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 00:14:53 -0700
Mark Clifton wrote:
> This email is mostly directed to those few who either live in Japan or
> shop online stores from Japan.
>
> Simple question, what's a good Japanese website to get Anime goods?  I
> know of Animaxis, but they tend to always run out of stocks on stuff.
> Anyone else?

I haven't seen a lot of Japanese websites that are willing to deal
with US buyers, especially if the would-be buyer can't read/write
Japanese. That said, I've had some luck getting CDs and DVDs
from CDJapan ( http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ ) and from Amotokyo
( http://www.amotokyo.com/ ). There are a few more options than
that if you want to buy cels, and of course you can always try
using a deputy service to buy auction good on Yahoo Japan.
For goods in general, though, I don't have any experience to
draw on; I'd guess that you could put in requests at the
English sites for Mandarake ( http://www.mandarake.co.jp/usa/ )
or Animate ( http://www.animate-world.com/onlineshop.html ).

Alan Zabaro

Search field Search string