Re: Tenchi Forever

to tenchi@ml.usagi.org
from TheNewYorker1@aol.com
subject Re: Tenchi Forever
date Wed, 1 May 2002 20:38:47 EDT

In a message dated 5/1/2002 6:10:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
replicant@northstate.net writes:

> If you write with the thought that this is my "shitty" draft and I'll do
> better
> later, then you aren't really putting that much effort into the work and
> your
> amount of soulful content means squat. It's all about doing your best each
> and every time you sit down with your computer, paper, typewriter, black
> beauty, or whatever you like to write with. Writing is an artform and it,
> like all art, is only as good as it's artist. It's time you did away with
> the
> slacker bullshit cop-outs and at least tried to be productive with your
> claims.
> I have alot of respect for writing, languages, and literature in general,
> but
> I have none for those who are just posers in search an intellect to leech
> upon.

"What is art?"  Every person sees it differently, when I write my first draft
yes it looks like shit.  I will get up think about it come back and say,
"Well what on God's good creation were you thinking right then."  And fix it.
 No one is perfect.  That's what spell check is for.   Think for one secont
the art is only as good as it s creator than you are so wrong.  I know so
many people who create wonderful art, and could care less.  But it is
buaetiful non the less.  I write for me, and me alone.  No one else.  So, why
should i care if others enjoy it or get it or can read if i know what i mean.
 Oh and one more thing, No one gets it wright the first time.

Cal Girl

Cal Girl

Search field Search string

archive list