Subject: English VA Credits
From: "Joseph Riggs" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:01:48 -0800

What's the deal with the English VA credits on anime titles?  Last night, I 
noticed that the voice of Duero in Vandread sounded like Jet and Roger Black 
(Cowboy Bebop and Big O, respectively), and checked the voice listings for 
Vandread and Cowboy Bebop.  Unfortunately, instead of having a list of who 
did which character's voice (as one would find in a standard credits), the 
end credits just had the entire English voice cast in an amalgamated group 
with no indication as to who did what.  Anyone know why that is?  It seems to 
defeat the purpose of credits if you can't tell who did what.
 
Incidentally, it DOES appear that the English voice cast for Bebop is in 
Vandread, but I can't say that I like the dub nearly as much as I like 
Bebop's dub (I almost always watch titles subbed, but I do like to hear the 
better dubs every now and then).  Some of the Vandread voices are good, while 
others make me wince.

junior

"Women are monsters!"
  -- propaganda film, Vandread