Subject: Re: Pioneer DVD's and Macrovision
From: Timothy Yeh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:27:04 -0800

Gary:
>Humm---I 'm right now in the process of recording Tenchi in Love DVD for a
>friend
>and I get the macrovision effect on the Menu screen but when I start the
>movie it
>goes away and I'm able to record cleanly.  This also happened on Pioneer's
>Battle
>Athletes that I recorded for a friend.  Clean during the Movie but
>Macrovision on
>Menu. I'm recording to a Super VHS (Sony) machine from my Pioneer DV-09.
>I have
>it connected directly to the VHS.

SVHS player? That's probably why you can get a clean recording. Macrovision
isn't foolproof--but 95% of the consumer recorders can't deal with it. I'm
guessing that most SVHS players fall into the 5% category. Lucky you.

On a side note, I have considerbly added to my anime collection, from the
Pioneer liquidation sale (at their warehouse). I got all but 3 of the
Tenchi OAV LDs, most of Moldiver, most of Hakkedan, TMiL (CAV), and Tenchi
TV 6. All for $6 a disc. I'm so happy.

--Tim
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
<http://welcome.to/animeweekly>

3 things I might be listening to
1. "Namida Iro"--Noriko Sakai (Work Out Fine)
2. "Sobakasu"--Judy and Mary (Ruroni Kenshin OST)
3. "Money No More"--Sharyn Scott (Meet Tenchi Muyo!)