Subject: Re: Yet more Tenchi the Movie 2 Comments
From: "Don Euclid" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 16:39:30 -0700

>>2) While tenchi is wearing his OAV battle outfit, the main theme in the
>>OAV is that the power is HIS own and not that of a tree's.  Why does he
>>need the branch?  "I have relied on this too much."  Plus, where's
>>tenchi-ken?
>
>No need for Tenchi-ken when we have Kyuouken(sp?)...

Heh.  "No need for an M-16 when you have a hydrogen bomb."  C'mon, man.  Using
the light hawk wings against your everyday villain is... well, overkill.  And
due to their power, probably all kinds of nasty things could happen to the local
reality.  And imagine what kind of punishment that Yosho would lay on his
grandson for using the LHW against an enemy he could have defeated easily with
Tenchiken.  It's all bushido, I guess.

>>Personally, I didn't like how wimpy Ryouko and Tenchi were portrayed.
>>Like I said, if it was 100% OAV, Tenchi would have toasted Yuzuha in an
>>instant (Out of his control of course).
>
>Well, Tenchi is wimpy until he is near death, when his Kyuouken kick in and
>save the day.

Well, for one thing, I think that "Kyuouken" is "light hawk sword"... I didn't
know he had more than one.  *evil grin*  Also, now that I come to think about
it, that saving the day bit is rather cheesy.  Of course, DC Comics started it.
"Watch the mild-mannered Tenchi Masaki, at the hint of danger, transform into
the Man of Steel!"  *chuckle*

The Rt. Dishon. Don Euclid
[email-masked]
Dried Green Ramen Productions
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bay/8749/