Subject: [tenchi:105919] Viz Starts To Censor... and they aren't the only one...
From: Gregory Himes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 07:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

I have Comcast at home for the moment and I got their digital box deal
'cause it was cheaper than basic...  They have both On Demand  Anime
Network and Anime Selects.
Both systems censor by only playing the baisc dub (no sign or other
translations).  This is just due to stupidity and laziness, since most
programs playing have 2 sub tracks sign/songs, and all.  And both
systems take their program off of the DVDs.
However, There is lots of fuzzy spots all over on many of the OVA
programs that are being shown on Selects.  I watched the first episode
of "Birdy" and there was at least a full minute of blurred material. 
It was damn annoying.  Especially since I couldn't tell what magazines
were being blurred out.  Half the jokes probably got lost in that...
and not being able to read certain notes and messages...   \

<sigh> kind of reminds me of the stupid early days of Cartoon Network
and the butchering of a cergtain few shows...

************************************************************
Complete address changes: Tenchi OVA 3 and Galaxy Police images!
http://projkutani.castledragmire.com/greg/MSC/PAN/Pans.html
BLOW your bookmarks, FRELL your favorites, use the new URL!
or visit the delapidated site ---> www.TenchiMuyo.150m.com
************************************************************

		
Yahoo! Mail
Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour:
http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html