Subject: [tenchi:105538] Re: After watching GXP...
From: "Jeff Harris" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:05:00 -0500

=============================================
But yeah, it is a bit excessive.  Its not really disturbing, though, at
least imo.  Although I often do end up wondering about some of it.  As
mentioned, its the fanservice that I find annoying.  Only in episode 11(?)
when we find out Ryoko's secret does it really seem to blend well into the
episode (also, incidentally, the only episode where I don't mind the
presence of NB).  Otherwise, it generally detracts from the story and annoys
me more than anything else.
=============================================
What I found the most annoying were the three stooges who kept fawning after
Ryoko B. and their misadventures with Seriyu.  They added nothing to the
plot, wasted screen time better spent on other characters, and were just
blatantly irritating.  I would have to guess they were included for a
portion of the Japanese audience that enjoys such characters, because no
other reason makes sense.

                Jeff

Jeffery (Jeff) Harris
[email-masked]

Wonder Woman: "No, no dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding
time."
Batman: "1. Dating within the team always leads to disaster.
               2. You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors, I'm
a rich kid with issues...lot's of issues. And
               3. If my enemies knew I had someone special, they wouldn't
rest until they've gotten to me, through her."
Wonder Woman: "Next." [crushes rock with her right hand]
             --- "This Little Piggy", Justice League Unlimited