Subject: Funimation & TM
From: Kim Justice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:56:10 -0500

I just finished watching Funimation's DVD release of "Fruits Basket" 
last night. After seeing how they handled that series, I'm a lot less 
worried about how they'll treat GXP and other TM properties. I 
haven't watched the dub version yet but the sub seemed to have been 
done with some care. I also like that they put all 26 episodes on 
four DVDs; I'm all for less clutter.

I'm not terribly interested in DVD extras but I did look at them and 
they did seem to make for a nice companion to the main course.

My Japanese isn't good enough for me to comment on the accuracy of 
the translation but it did seem reasonable and there wasn't anything 
in the subtitles that made me cringe, which is kind of a rarity. 
Others with more knowledge can comment on the accuracy of translation.

Just IMO, of course.
kj
-- 
--
Kim Justice
http://www.mp3.com/kimjustice
"If you don't like this world, change yourself first! If you don't 
like that idea, close your eyes and ears and live in solitude!"
-- Motoko Kusanagi