Subject: Re: I recently came across a voting box...
From: Kuuta Kutani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 04:16:39 -0700

(Apologies for any weird formatting... I have gone through at least 4 
operating systems and three computers in the last two weeks, I can't 
keep up with all the changes I have to make to netscape [or Mozilla] 
every time I install it...)

>Greg wrote:
>===============================
>3 years ago, I would have agreed that Pioneer was the best, but the
>only thing they have running for them now, is the quality of their
>translations, and most of the time, the quality of their dubs.
>  
>
*snip*

Not to mention how much they ream retailers.  Most of the time markup is 
~40% from wholesale, but the way Pioneer sells their discs only allows 
retailers to mark up around 25% or so (IIRC), even considering the high 
costs of their discs to begin with!  I love Pioneer but they are moving 
in the wrong direction.  Need to shape up, they do.

>Strangely, ADV is the company (along with Funimation - shock!) that are
>advancing the art of releasing good anime in the US (except 50% of ADVs
>dubs suck beyond belief, now and in the past)
>
I've been impressed and pleased with ADV's stuff within the last year. 
 They're really starting to produce some quality stuff.  I haven't seen 
enough of Funimation's aquisitions to say anything about them.  The one 
Lupin disc I checked out was eh, but that's cause it was a post-'95 
Lupin and didn't have the original VA.  Very sad.

>BTW, hands down, no exceptions, the best releasing company is
>AnimEigo!!!  And they aren't even on your ballot...  ^_^
>  
>
I would agree if they made more of their stuff available through 
retailers.  I've missed many boxsets because they only did a direct 
release and I didn't know about it or didn't have the money...

-K.T.K, who is tired of computer problems and wants his tower working 
again...
--
"This laptop is cool and all, but I miss my desktop compie dearly.  If 
only I'd had enough for one a' those 17" PowerBooks..."