Re: Cels

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: Cels
date Fri, 28 Feb 1997 07:53:33 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Michael Studte wrote:

> At 16:30 97/02/28 GMT+8, Ching wrote:
> >}} BTW. Hitoshi, do you have any protection on those piles of cels/mags?
> >}} Otherwise one day there's gonna be an earthquake and, goddess forbid,
> >}} Minako will be buried underneath them.
> >
> >    Hey, don't kid like that, Michael.
> >    One of Hitoshi's kids is named Minako. Seriously.
>
> I *know* that, I've met the charming little lady. That's what I meant! If
> the stacks are getting as big as he says, there could be danger. ^_^ Heck,
> the piles of UFO catcher dolls could be just as dangerous.

It's OK Michael, you don't need to cover it up anymore.  I think it's
time that the facts came out.

Hitoshi Doi is not a human being.  He is a piece of artificial
intelligence, originally developed nearly ten years ago by grad
students at the University of Hawaii.  "Hitoshi" is an ever evolving
composite based on information culled from all posts to anime and seiyuu
related USENET newsgroups.

"Hitoshi" was overhauled and rewritten in Perl and C a few years ago.  At
that time, the new authors sought to give "Hitoshi" a little more of a
personality.  The team leader was a big Kasumi Tendo fan, so he inserted
the Inoue Kikuko patch into the new system, which has made an amazing
difference.

"Hitoshi" had been developing well since then, but in the past several
months a series of viruses have swept the system.  Actually, this isn't
known for sure, but it is the only logical explanition for the system's
strange fascination with Nagasaki Moe.  Plus, it appears that the system
is vulnerable to the year 2000 problem.

We're currently gathering volunteers to build Hitoshi version 3,
currently codenamed "Toshi 99"  So far, only the Hisakawa Aya patch has
been written, so we have a long way to go.  The new system is being
written in Java;  e-mail me if you would like to help.

Kono michi ga owaru made ni |         Joe Petrow          /"Anata ga suki"\
tsutaetai koto ga aru no ni | joepet@server.berkeley.edu  \_______________ \
 H I S A K A W A   A Y A | Aa, tatta, hito koto ga dou shite mo ienai no../

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs