Re: [CD] Sailor Stars Merry Christmas

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: [CD] Sailor Stars Merry Christmas
date Mon, 2 Dec 1996 13:26:18 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 3 Dec 1996, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
> | >    6. Les Anges dan nos Compagnes
> |
> | Finally, a new song!  Shinohara Emi seems to get all the non-Japanese,
> | non-English Christmas songs.  I would have rather heard Feliz Navidad.
>
> I've never heard of any of these foreign ones..

I thought last years Ava Maria was much better.

> | >    7. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
> |
> | Fukami Rica is the star of both Sailor Moon Christmas CD's.
>
> This is a good song.

Yes, I don't think there's an Aino Minako song that I don't like.

> | >   11. Last Christmas
> |
> | Now _this_ was painful!  She obviously can't do anything with English
> | other than read the katakana equivalent.  Why don't they give these
> | songs to Fukami Rica?  Is this a case Tomizawa Michie pulling rank?
>
> I don't know if Rica would have done any better..

But her English sounds so much better on the TV show.

> I would have liked to hear Mercury or Aluminum Siren sing this.

Maybe it will be on the upcoming Aluminum Siren box set...

> | How can you have a Sailor Stars Christmas CD without a song with the
> | Three Lights?  And why does Hisakawa Aya get the shaft again?
>
> I wish the Star Lights and Chibi Chibi would have sung.

Chibi Chibi did sing (she did a good impersonation of Sailor Moon...)

> | This CD is a ripoff, and a slap in the face to all Sailor Moon and seiyuu
> | fans.
>
> What about all those CDsingles coming out now..  Three Rights.

At least that's new material.  Three Rights don't necessarily make a wrong.
(sorry, I just wanted to say that...^_^)

Kono michi ga owaru made ni |         Joe Petrow          /"Anata ga suki"\
tsutaetai koto ga aru no ni | joepet@server.berkeley.edu  \_______________ \
 H I S A K A W A   A Y A | Aa, tatta, hito koto ga dou shite mo ienai no../

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs