Nadesico! (was Re: Battle Cruiser Nobisco)

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Nadesico! (was Re: Battle Cruiser Nobisco)
date Mon, 2 Dec 1996 09:34:42 -0600 (CST)
I've condensed all the critical Nadesico posts into one post (i.e.,
slightly long, read carefully).  I would've said something about Joe's
humor toward Aggies, but I'm trying to limit my posting size.

=====
> From: Knight of the Black Rose <AEFIGUEROA@MIAVX1.bitnet>
>
> > I bet that he's referring to Ruri.  She's the same hair color, I guess.
> > The eyes are a little the same...
>
> Probably who I was referring to.  She has the same hairstyle as that girl Char
> corrupted in Char's Counterattack.

As Mr. Ching stated, you're thinking of Quess (probably one of the most
hated women amongst Gundam fans).  Ruri has similiar ponytails.

(SMJ)
> > Maybe it moves quicker with Bloodberry in it.  Either that, or it's just
> > not my thing.
>
> What character is the good redhead (not the evil redhead with the hat and
> whip)?

Bloodberry.

=====
> From: Peter Evans <peter@gol.com>
> Subject: Re: Space Biscuit Nabisco!

Somehow, I predicted this parody title would appear...  ^_^;

> 	I think its Uchu Senkan Nadesico, which has nothing to do with
> 	"kasei" (Mars) at all. So its not a translation.

Okay, I know that "Uchuu" means spaceship.  What does Senkan mean?  I
don't have any good dictionaries, just a very bad memory.

> 	Megumi + Yurika + Akito love triangle!

Is Megumi the one with long brown hair, and a fairly low-cut uniform?  I
can't keep their names straight...

> |BTW, is she really human?  I mean, she's seen in the first episode as
> |being wired right into that computer.  She's got those things in her
> |hands, and in the OP, when she opens her eyes...  I mean, that can't be
> |human there!  ^_^;
>
> 	Ruriruri has an awful lot of computer in her, she's 11.
> 	"Bakabaka." ^_^

I love how she says "baka" all the time.  Even when she's still on the
bridge, she seems to know when something stupid happens elsewhere...  ^o^

> ||Designs by Kia Asamiya/Michitaka Kikuchi (of Silent Mobius fame).
> |Yeah, and thank goodness he kept with the *old* Silent Mobius designs!  ^_-
>
> 	Go look at the manga before you say that. ^_^;;

Are you saying that they *do* look like the newer Silent Mobius designs,
or that they don't look like Silent Mobius at all?

Do the movies still resemble the newest stuff, or has the style changed
again?

> 	wai! Cream Lemon box! 680 minutes, 7LDs, 2/21. 59174y
> 	(foto cd, 3 telecards, poster, loiner notes, extra ld)

Finally got enough money to buy it from the Mandarake, huh?

=====
> From: Michael Studte <mstudte@wt.com.au>
>
> > "Martian Successor Nadesico".  Does the Japanese title really translate
> > into this?
>
> No, but then, it's a bit like Tylor/Tyler in that respect. ^_^

Hey, I could have sworn it DOES translate into "The Irresponsible Captain
Tylor".  At least for the new series, I thought the ads also call it
"Tylor:  The Irresponsible Captain" as well.

> There
> have been at least three english titles for this show (all from
> magazines, episodes, etc.)

I've only heard Martian Successor Nadesico.  So what are the other titles
for it?  I hope that they make more sense.

> > I think that it's Nadesico.  It's written in English enough times in the
> > show to be considered consistent.
>
> Well, it's one of those romaji things, nee? ^_^

As I've always said, "If it's written in English, and it's consistent
each time, then I trust the spelling the writers made."

> > > ?? Sorry, don't get that reference... I guess it can be a little like Tylor,

> > > but the primary difference is that all the bridge girls are airheads. ^_^
> >
> > I bet that he's referring to Ruri.  She's the same hair color, I guess.
> > The eyes are a little the same...
>
> Still lost me, what show are we talking about?

Ruri is from Nadesico!!  She's the computer interface!  Ponytails, blue
hair!

--
Kevin "Grouchy Bear" Lew -- #1 Fan of Denko (Tokyo Denryoku): "Jan!"
   kasumi@eden.com (normal) / ra1628@email.sps.mot.com (special)

Nage Libre!  ^_^

Search field Search string

archive list