Re: Random talk - Photo CD

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from voigth@OSHKOSHW.bitnet
subject Re: Random talk - Photo CD
date Tue, 02 May 1995 04:36:55 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 2 May 1995, Peter Evans wrote:

> | Having done many Photo CD's, I know in America that they are reasonably
> | inexpensive to do.  It works out here to roughly a dollar an image (with
> | a guaranteed minimum to cover the blank CD).  Duplication is a small fee
> | plus the cost of the blank.
>
>       I dont know the cost of duplication here. ^_^;;

Don't mean to sound ignorant, but where in America can you get Photo CD's
made?  I mean what kinds of places do them, ordinary photo developers?
Also really quick, what do you need to view the photos and around how
much do they cost?  I know this has probably been mentioned already, but
I skiped the whole discussion untile recently because I didn't have any
knoweledge of Photo CD's.  Sorry.

>       I think quite a few Otaku would pay for one ... I wonder how much
>       though.

I'm not sure how much I would pay, you could probably charge whatever you
wanted and I'd buy it though.  I would feel like crap if I missed out on
this.  Also how serious is everyone taking this, is it something that
might actually happen?

Quick question, at live events in Japan do they check people for audio
tape recorders?  I assume camcorders, cameras, and the like aren't always
allowed but what about audio recorders?  The small ones...

Sarabada,
Howie Voigt
"Ba Bi Bu Be Buurin!" -Kokubu Karin
"Cute Na Pink No Buurin" -Ishida Yoko