Re: New Gaijin Otaku Endurance Record?

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: New Gaijin Otaku Endurance Record?
date Wed, 4 Sep 1996 17:15:45 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, jimmy chan wrote:

> Wow.  17 hours in the rain all night.  What dedication.  Hope you didn't
> catch cold or anything.  Ah, but the chance to see Aya face to face!  Hope
> they let you take pictures.

It wasn't that bad.  It only rained a little bit.  It helped that I
wasn't the only one suffering too...

> Maybe she'll remember you from the game show.
> Better think of something witty to say!

I was thinking of starting with, "Uiess"

> Would you recommend it for people who can't quite read Japanese yet?  The
> pictures sound interesting.  Do they make up a large percentage of the book?
> She seems to have a fascination with flaming buildings, hmm.

If you can't read any Japanese at all, I probably wouldn't recommend it.
I think it would be excellent learning material, though.

> >Hey, I like Kentucky Fried Chicken too!
>
> ???

A very rough translation of the beginning of her introduction:

"27 years from now, a lone girl was born in Osaka.  During her childhood,
this girl loved "Kentucky" fried chicken very much, was a little bit of a
tomboy, and very much a normal girl.  Before long, she set out to become
a seiyuu, and is now living out that dream every single day, working as a
seiyuu..that girl is me, Aya Hisakawa..."

Kono michi ga owaru made ni |         Joe Petrow          /"Anata ga suki"\
tsutaetai koto ga aru no ni | joepet@server.berkeley.edu  \_______________ \
 H I S A K A W A   A Y A | Aa, tatta, hito koto ga dou shite mo ienai no../

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs