Re: Second Chance (TV show)

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Wayde Higuchi <whiguchi@honlab.nmfs.hawaii.edu>
subject Re: Second Chance (TV show)
date Tue, 3 Sep 1996 14:31:54 -1000 (HST)
On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Jim Ramberg wrote:

> I got the chance to watch the tail end of a subtitled Japanese
> drama from TBS (* as in Tokyo*) called "Second Chance" (Sunday night
> KTSF 9-10).
> The basic premise; at least from what I can figure ; is two single parent
> families (* father with a really bratty daughter and three boys
> with an older woman. She says that they are her sons; but they
> call her Haru-chan in private which makes me think that she is
> something else quite diffrent*) interact will one another in all
> sorts of funny ways (* the interactions between the daughter and
> one of the sons is quite interesting *).

Haruko is the mother of the three boys.  Her husband died while the
children were still young, so the two older boys have helped her with the
household chores and have come to think of themselves as her equal (which
is why they refer to her as either "Haruko" or "Haru-san").

> I was curious if anyone on the list has seen it or not since I
> think that I have seen the lead female character from something
> anime related; but I can't place it. I did not get time to right down
> the name; credits went too fast. I do remember that she sang the
> closing  theme.

She hasn't done anything that I know of that is anime-related.  However,
the boy who plays Haruko's second son did the voice for Seiya in _Nurse
Angel Ririka SOS_ (I think that his name is Kuroda Yuki).

Wayde Higuchi
whiguchi@honlab.nmfs.hawaii.edu
73520.627@compuserve.com

Search field Search string