Re: [kigurumi] Sailor Stars show

to usagi@usagi.jrd.dec.com
cc seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: [kigurumi] Sailor Stars show
date Wed, 14 Aug 1996 02:11:16 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> [this isn't a seiyuu event (as no seiyuu makes appearances), but the
>  voices are done by seiyuu.. ^_^;
>  Joe Petrow (who is on vacation this week) and I went to the Sailor
>  Stars show, and also the Iwao Junko radio show recording.]

Since Kanda is walking distance to where I work, I came in to read my
e-mail today (saw the show twice today...more on that later)

> There was a lot of singing (and dancing) in this show, and I think it is
> the best Sailor Moon kigurumi show so far.

The aliens were hilarious!  YEAAHHHH!

> The story
> ---------
> Two aliens (from Aidoru Planet, who loved to sing and dance) came to
> earth to take it over (make all of the humans slaves).  The prince of
> the aliens thought he was a very good singer (although he wasn't).

I think he thought he was a relatively good singer...the best among all
of this race, who were all terrible.  He was quick to point out to the
prince that Ami and the Star senshi were much better than him...

> When Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury tried to stop them, the prince said
> that he would let the earth be free if there was anyone who could sing
> better than him.  Mercury was too shy to sing, so Moon said that she
> would sing..  and Moon sung "Moonlight Densetsu"..  very terribly.  (You
> won't find this song by Mitsuishi Kotono on any CD! ^_^)

Even Kenny wouldn't want this version!  (^_^;;)

> [When Mercury was getting tickled, she stopped singing.. so I think
> Hisakawa Aya sang this for this show, and it wasn't just taken off
> the CD..  but I'm not sure.]

I'd like to think so...but it would be easy for them to just cut the song
off and have her start speaking again when tey were singing...

> Of course the Sailor Senshi won. (^_^)

I went to the 1:00 showing today, and got there just when it was about to
start.  Since I'd seen it before I wasn't in a hurry to get a seat, so I
went to buy a shave ice.  Then I heard the voice to introduce the show,
and it sounded really nice...kinda like Kouda Mariko's high voice.  I got
out of line to see who it was.  Wasn't Mariko, but a very cute girl just
the same.

After the SM show she said they were having a quiz at 2:00 (different
from last time...kids got on stage and went to one side or the other
depending on whether they thought the answer was true or false)  So
when the SM show ended, I ran out, bought a portable camera, and came
back.  I then proceded to use nearly the whole thing up taking pictures
of her during the quiz show.  (^_^;;)

A couple of minutes after it was done, I was getting a drink of water,
and she came up to me!  She asked me who I was taking pictures of, and I
said, "Uh...you"  When she asked me why I said something about her having
a great voice and wanted some picutes^H^H^H^H^H^H^H to remember her by
when she became a famous seiyuu.  Or something like that anyway.  (^_^;)

Anyhow, we ended up talking for a while and she was really nice.  She
said she had lived in Chicago for a couple years (her English was a
little bit better than my Japanese...)  When I said I worked for Hitachi
she really freaked out, and said she worked for Hitachi a couple of years
ago herself!  She had to get ready for the next show, but we exchanged
phone numbers, and said she'd be willing to help me out with my Japanese
sometime.  (^_^)  I stayed to see her work the 3:00 show, then after
waiting for a few minutes I left.  But she said she was working there
again Friday, so I may have to get come again and check out some kids
show I've never heard of... (^_^;)

Kono michi ga owaru made ni |         Joe Petrow          /"Anata ga suki"\
tsutaetai koto ga aru no ni | joepet@server.berkeley.edu  \_______________ \
 H I S A K A W A   A Y A | Aa, tatta, hito koto ga dou shite mo ienai no../

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs