Re: Tenchi Seiyuu at AE96

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "jimmy chan" <jimmyc@genesisnetwork.net>
subject Re: Tenchi Seiyuu at AE96
date Tue, 02 Jul 1996 00:09:12 -0700
At 10:38 AM 7/1/96 PDT, ktoh@td2cad.intel.com wrote:
> Ai-chan and Yumi-chan were great!  And thank you so very much, Pioneer, for
> bringing the seiyuu over, and more, letting us take so many shots of the
> seiyuu!

The seiyuu were great, especially Ai, who seemed to enjoy the experience as
much as the audience.  Any chance you can get your shots scanned for those
of us who left empty-handed?

>There was also a question about how much control the Japanese seiyuu
>had during the production of Tenchi Muyou.  Ai and Yumi answered that
>they regularly have fights with the director, but recently, they have
>been winning their fights!

Right.  I must have accidently deleted that one while editing.  It was the
second question they answered.

>The Tenchi movie features Tenchi's mum, and time travel.  Any more would be
>spoilers.  The movie is done in AC3 and the surround sound effects are
>actually quite good.  The movie is quite nice too - I managed to get in to
>the subtitled showing.  I think Megumi Hayashibara plays Tenchi's mother.

I enjoyed the movie too.  I saw the English dubbed version on Saturday.
Managed to squeeze into the second to last row sitting next to some bearded
guy and a 12-year-old Sailor Senshi.

The plot was a little reminiscent of a popular Hollywood movie.  They added
enough humor and twists to make it fun though.  I agree the sound effects
were quite good.  THX certified even.

Jimmy Chan               Sailor Moon says, "See Ya!  A He Ha"  /\^_^/\
JimmyC@genesisnetwork.net

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited