Re: Tenchi Seiyuu at AE96

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from ktoh@td2cad.intel.com
subject Re: Tenchi Seiyuu at AE96
date Mon, 1 Jul 96 11:05:14 PDT
A couple more notes about the Tenchi Seiyuu.

Jeff Okamoto was responsible for showing Orikasa Ai and Takada Yumi
around on Saturday.  According to Jeff, they arrived on Friday night,
"almost spent the night in Jeff's room", spent Saturday at the con, and
went to Universal Studios on Sunday.

I also saw the seiyuu on Sunday, as I was having a buffet breakfast in
the hotel restaurant.  The seiyuu were sitting only 30 feet away from
my table, and munching on various fruit.  Being a nice and polite otaku,
I managed somehow to prevent myself from bothering them ^_^;;.  But for
some reason, after discovering their presence, I found my eyes riveted on
their table, and my appetite completely disappeared ^_^;;;;

Jimmy Chan wrote:

> You needed to have your name drawn in a raffle to get an autograph.  I
> didn't get picked.  Since I had nothing better to do, I hung around the
> autograph area watching all the lucky people get autographs from Yumi and
> Ai.  A security goon was also there practicing his crowd control techniques
> on three people.  Unfortunately for me, rushing off to weekend classes
> before going to the Expo, I forgot my camera.  So now I have nothing to
> remember this event by except my own hastily scribbled notes.  I hope the
> notes were helpful to somebody.

Actually, towards the very end, they allowed a few people without tickets to
get autographs.  The whole session lasted perhaps an hour - I think there
were 200-300 people in line.

On a side note, I also talked to Matt Greenfield from AD Vision, and said
that he should try to hold a seiyuu event like the Pioneer event, and
perhaps even bring over seiyuu for Evangelion, like, say, Kotono.
I don't think he went for it though (;_;)

--
Kenny Toh, ktoh@td2cad.intel.com
The biggest Mitsuishi Kotono fan in the west!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs