Re: sound files from Tech Win

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Michael Studte <mstudte@wt.com.au>
subject Re: sound files from Tech Win
date Sat, 1 Jun 1996 12:07:51 +0800 (WST)
At 21:12 96/05/31 +1700, Dan Hollis wrote:
>> >I was able to compress these at 20:1 quite easily, with little noticeable
>> >loss (since they are vocals, no music).
>> Not all of us can do Mpeg, and I'd like to keep them in WAV to play in
>> Windows (why else would they be coming from a CD called "Tech WIN").
>
>There are Mac, lose3.1/lose95/loseNT, Unix (almost any version) MPEG audio
>players.
>
>What OS do you have that can't do MPEG audio?

Most of the time I use DOS, but that's beside the point.

The other main factor why I prefer WAVs is that I can't stand lossy
compression (I am one of those rare people who hates jpegs, too) and I can
make WAVs into system events without having to convert them first.

You just stick with what you got, and I'll stick with mine. Thank you.

--
| Michael Studte, 46 Hackbridge Way, Bayswater 6053, Australia|
|    PNN - Patlabor News Network BBS, Perth, +61-9-378-1974   |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs