Re: K-books and La Sirene

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from CuSO4 <chyung@asiaonline.net>
subject Re: K-books and La Sirene
date Tue, 02 Apr 1996 22:29:30 -0800
Michael Studte wrote:
> When you walk from Ikebukuro station to the hotel, take note of the
> advertising boards held by the guys on the corners. I would have liked to
> visit the "Parody Club" (Ami-chan and Mako-chan). ^_^

That would be very expensive.  CB, please try and let us know.  H_H

> >Hehehe, I hope I'll find one, too. Any directions for how to get to the
> >Ikebukuro Manga no Mori or Comic bank?
> Here they are: (this ought to be worth a few points ^_^)
>
> Ikebukuro 1-28-1, Toshima-Ku.
> Access:
> ***Near Animate.
> Due to my inability to find this, I shall endeavour to better describe
> it.
> Take the north-east (No. 35) exit of Ikebukuro station, near a big
> intersection, and go east.
> You will pass away from the intersection into "Sunshine City St.". On
> the left and right are cinemas, both of which may feature anime.
> As you follow the flow of people, just before you get to an expressway
> passing overhead, the Tokyu Hands store is on your right, as is the
> escalator (down) entrance of Sunshine City. Ignore both, and turn right
> at the intersection, virtually under the overpass. Halfway down the
> block, on your right, there is a huge painted sign indicating Manga no
> Mori's direction (on your left is the big intersection next to Sunshine
> City and Sunshine 60; you can also easily see this sign if you are
> coming west from Shunshine City). Keep following south to the end of the block
> and turn right. About half-way down this short block is the entrance on
> your right, set back from the street a little. Very easy to find from
> here.
>
> ** Coming the same way, in the same street on your LEFT is a place
> called Anime Fantasia. It appears to be VERY NEW. It's a little
> staircase leading up, unfortunately closed when I got there. It's an
> anime laserdisk rental place, it would seem.
> </address>
> Tel:            03 5396 1245
> Hours:          10.00~22.00
> Holidays:       none
> ***Small, one floor only with a limited range of goodies. Good for manga
> though.<p>
>
> Good for finding oddball/rare items, though. Managed to find a rare
> first edition Megumi Hayashibara "Enfleurage" CD (with booklet) there.

Anime Fantasia is just opposite to Manga no Mori.  As for Manga Bank,
taking Sunshine 60 Street as the axis, Manga Bank's position is the
mirror image of Anime Fantasia.

One more shop near Kimi Ryokan : AILD, an LD shop having 1F (i.e. ground
floor) dedicated to anime.  It is in the back alley just behind McDonad /
Matsu-ya near the Western exit (i.e. Tobu side) of the station (Kimi's
side).

Hope this help.......CuSO4

Search field Search string

archive list