Re: K-books and La Sirene

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Michael Studte <mstudte@sage.wt.com.au>
subject Re: K-books and La Sirene
date Tue, 2 Apr 1996 21:10:13 +0800 (WST)
At 12:21 96/04/02 +0200, you wrote:
>I'll be in Tokyo next week and stay in the Kimi Ryokan...

You'll enjoy it!

When you walk from Ikebukuro station to the hotel, take note of the
advertising boards held by the guys on the corners. I would have liked to
visit the "Parody Club" (Ami-chan and Mako-chan). ^_^

>>I bought La Sirene on 23rd at Messe Sanoh IV (Akihabara), and I cannot
>>find it on the same day at Animeg (Shinjuku), Manga no Mori (Ikebukuro),
>>or Comic Bank (Ikebukuro).  Is this book sells that well ?
>>
>Hehehe, I hope I'll find one, too. Any directions for how to get to the
>Ikebukuro Manga no Mori or Comic bank?

I updated Peter's directions from his translation of the Cult Guide. His
directions were "Near Animate"... Since I couldn't find Animate, but DID
find this, I decided to rewrite this...

Here they are: (this ought to be worth a few points ^_^)

Ikebukuro 1-28-1, Toshima-Ku.
Access:
***Near Animate.
Due to my inability to find this, I shall endeavour to better describe
it.
Take the north-east (No. 35) exit of Ikebukuro station, near a big
intersection, and go east.
You will pass away from the intersection into "Sunshine City St.". On
the left and right are cinemas, both of which may feature anime.
As you follow the flow of people, just before you get to an expressway
passing overhead, the Tokyu Hands store is on your right, as is the
escalator (down) entrance of Sunshine City. Ignore both, and turn right
at the intersection, virtually under the overpass. Halfway down the
block, on your right, there is a huge painted sign indicating Manga no
Mori's direction (on your left is the big intersection next to Sunshine
City and Sunshine 60; you can also easily see this sign if you are
coming west from Shunshine City). Keep following south to the end of the block
and turn right. About half-way down this short block is the entrance on
your right, set back from the street a little. Very easy to find from
here.

** Coming the same way, in the same street on your LEFT is a place
called Anime Fantasia. It appears to be VERY NEW. It's a little
staircase leading up, unfortunately closed when I got there. It's an
anime laserdisk rental place, it would seem.
</address>
Tel:		03 5396 1245
Hours:		10.00~22.00
Holidays:	none
***Small, one floor only with a limited range of goodies. Good for manga
though.<p>

Good for finding oddball/rare items, though. Managed to find a rare
first edition Megumi Hayashibara "Enfleurage" CD (with booklet) there.

--
| Michael Studte, 46 Hackbridge Way, Bayswater 6053, Australia|
|    PNN - Patlabor News Network BBS, Perth, +61-9-378-1974   |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs