Cute Unlimited (group cute replies).

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Cute Unlimited (group cute replies).
date Fri, 5 Jan 1996 10:57:18 -0600 (CST)
> From: Theodore Hua <quark@u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: Cute anime stuff
>
> On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy' wrote:
>
> >    I finally got to see 801 T.T.S. yesterday.  The girls are really cute,
> > also.  Although, I can't imagine how all these "rejects" of the air force
> > can be so ridiculously cute.  And busty.  Really, really busty.  (^_^;;)
>
> 	Can we say GAINAX? =P

As Michael said, it's not Gainax.  Gainax means jiggle, and that's not
what they do.  They just have CHICHI so OOKI that I can't believe they
can zip up their flight jackets.

> >    Sakura isn't the cutest character, but she's cute enough to keep the
> > Kikko-Krazy fen satisfied.

Hitoshi's right.  Sakura isn't that cute, which kinda bums me out.

> 	I thought Kikukookie was another term for Kiko-chan fen?

Is it?

> 	Didn't Hitoshi say that they were making more?  Or was that with
> the Drama CDs?  I just like the fact that the mechanic is an otaku and he
> has all those models.  It was fun to figure out which series those models
> came from. ^.^;;

You know them all?  I wasn't paying attention to them very much.  Some of
them looked familiar, but I wasn't going to pause the tape just for that.

> >    I also saw Princess Minerva yesterday.  It was okay.  The story is
> > pretty stupid, but at least you get plenty of girls.
> >    Blue Morris is cute enough to for most of the Kikko-Krazy fen.
>
> 	I thought it was below par. *raspberry*

What do you mean?  I think Blue Morris had a better character design than
most of the girls.  The show wasn't that great on cuteness anyway.

> >    Maps was also somewhat disappointing, but at least you have Kikko
> > playing Lipurain (or "Rain" as they say in the show).  It's not that
> > cute, but the idea behind spaceships shaped like women are is cool, in my
> > stupid opinion.
>
> 	Disappointing in the cute department, yes, as for story, no.  I
> rather liked MAPS.  The opening song was nice and it just had a nice
> sci-fi feel that I haven't seen in a while.  Then again, I could be just
> sheltered. =P

I didn't like the OP at first, but then it started to grow on me, and I
could groove to it.  ^_^

The story is a little disappointing because it ended kinda lame.  It was
kinda predictable to me.  But I really liked the spaceships.  I think
that the designers are really creative for coming up with ships that look
like girls AND have a female "brain" (like Tsunami in TM!).  Rain is
mondo cool, in that she's a water-based ship.

(Iczerlion)
> 	*Urk* Frankly, I liked the little iczers without their users.
> They looked so adorable. ^_^

They were silly looking to me...  ^_^;;

> | can talk about cute all day: cute seiyuu, cute anime, cute songs, etc.
> | (IMHO, this would be an awesome ML.  ^o^)
>
> There are too many cute things..  so it's gotta be broken
> up into cute subtopics. (^_^;)

Maybe you're right.  I think that seiyuu can stay here, but you can't
split up the other stuff.  There just isn't enough to talk about for cute
garage kits, for instance.

(Yuna)
> You should try out the Yuna drama CDs too.  Much more of cuteness
> and wackiness.  Yuuri is the cutest.

Man, I only understood about 50% of what was happening in the anime.  The
CDs would be even worse for me.  If it wasn't for a Japanese native
giving a live translation of events, I would have never have gotten most
of it.  To be honest...  I don't think Yuna does much for me.  I know,
that's blasphemy if you're a cute fan.

> Should have gone to the event.. (;_;)
> Yuna is my favorite Chisa role.

Tsunami's my fav!!  At least in the anime, the manga is sloppy with her
char design.  "If Tsunami was bubble gum, it would be called Babe-alicious!"

(Minerva.  FYI: Minerva is the goddess of wisdom, which is funny since
she's a total airhead in the show.)
> |    I also saw Princess Minerva yesterday.  It was okay.  The story is
> | pretty stupid, but at least you get plenty of girls.
> |    Blue Morris is cute enough to for most of the Kikko-Krazy fen.
>
> Tua is cute.

I can't remember.  I think that she was cute.  But I still like Blue
Morris, because she has the coolest outfit.  In my stupid opinion.

> I prefer Iczerlion to Evangelion..

I hope you mean in terms of cuteness!  To me, Iczelion gets a big zero for
most things like "plot" or "character development" (and especially "idol
singing"), but it got high marks in terms of kawaii otome.

--
     To live.  To die.  To be silly.  That is the way of the Otaku.
         kasumi@eden.com           (Ranma 1/2 Stupid Help Desk)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited